Gratitude can be underappreciated. We get caught up in our busy lives and spend more time complaining than being grateful for what we already have. Being ambitious is important, but undermining your present accomplishments and focusing on the negative can put you in the wrong mind-set.
To help channel positive thinking for growing your business online, here are our top five link building strategies to be grateful for:
- Blog Comments – When done in a legitimate and effective way, leaving a comment on a blog is a great opportunity to not only join in on a discussion, but also include a link back to your site.
- Free Article Directories – First of all, they are free. Secondly, there is a free article directory for practically every niche, leaving you no problem to submit a relevant, focused article pertaining to an area in your field.
- Press Releases – Free and paid; paid is usually worth it for extensive social media distribution and more effective, customized search engine optimization (SEO). You can include a link back to your site in the release and if your content is engaging enough, others will link back to it or redistribute it on their sites.
- Local Directories – Having your business information and links to your site(s) in local directories offered through Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others, is an essential part of any basic link building and SEO marketing strategy.
- Business Relationships – If you want a link back to your website, it doesn’t hurt to ask and return the favor. Why not do guest blogging or interviews with others in your field?
In a competitive world, Internet marketing is definitely one thing for law firms and various businesses to be grateful for. Unfortunately, it happens to be one of those things we may find ourselves complaining about if we lose focus of our goals and strategies. One major thing to be grateful for in regards to Internet marketing and generating leads is link building. The process of getting other sites to link to your site is invaluable. Even with Google announcements and the Panda update, Google still ranks websites based on links. However, Google has sifted through major content distributors where building links was overused, making those links much less powerful.
For over 11 years, the legal Internet marketing team at SLS Consulting has been providing law firms and attorneys with custom website design as well as content, blog, and social media development. To learn more about how to grow your business online with link building and other search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, contact SLS today. Call (323) 254-1510 for a free growth assessment.