While no blogger should ever feel ashamed of their downfalls – and we all have them – it can be difficult to admit to ourselves, let alone to others, what needs improving.
Nevertheless, here are 10 New Year’s Resolutions no blogger ever wants to say out loud, but may catch themselves realizing they should, so as to tackle them with initiative in 2012!
- I will not go an entire month without posting a blog!
- I will not go an entire week without posting a blog!
- No longer will I post blogs without having someone proofread them first.
- If I’m tempted to rush through writing a blog, I will slow down and take my time so I can make it worthwhile for others to read.
- Before I publish a blog, I will pause and ask myself if there’s anything I can improve about the way it looks and what it is trying to say to my target audience.
- I will stop rambling and get to the point!
- As I conduct research and think about blog topics to write, I will also make the time to read other blogs within and outside of my niche.
- I will not focus on the quantity of blogs I publish, but the quality of what the blog discusses.
- I will make an effort to leave relevant comments on other blogs that apply to my field as well as respond thoughtfully to comments left on my blog.
- After I publish a blog, I won’t stop there – I will utilize social networking sites and other platforms to effectively distribute and share what I’ve written.
Hopefully, you were able to skim over the majority of these points because you already do them. If not, don’t beat yourself up about it. There is plenty of time to change your ways so that you can blog more effectively for your business or law firm.
The key to New Year’s resolutions, whether they are personal or for your business, is that they should be reasonable. Push yourself, but don’t set the bar so high that you end up losing sight of your goals. Take things in stride and evaluate your Internet marketing plan as a whole and in pieces as you think of how you can achieve your ambitious, but realistic, long-term and short-term goals.
Here at SLS Consulting, we wish you and your business a prosperous, gratifying, and productive New Year!