Now that we’ve covered some logistics about the importance of keeping conversion and your target audience in mind when redesigning your legal website, we can get to the good stuff.
Questions to Consider
Take some time to answer these questions:
- What do you dislike about your current website?
- What do you like about your current website?
- What new features would you like your website to have?
- What other websites (doesn’t have to be other legal sites) have you been to that you like the look of and why?
- Do you have a preference of color scheme or do you like your existing site?
- Do you prefer a more in-your-face look where “contact us” is by far the most important? Or a more subtle tone of the site where you want visitors to see what you’re about (case results, testimonials, etc.) before making the decision?
- What kind of audience/clientele are you trying to hit? In other words, who are your ideal clients and what type of message do you want your site to provide to them?
A Checklist to Set the Foundation of Your Site
From a web designer standpoint, there will be terminology and features that you may be unfamiliar with and that’s okay. Here are some areas that you might want on your redesign checklist that are worth looking into or asking your web designer about:
- Clean Layout with an Eye-Catchy Color Scheme
- New, Polished Attorney and Office Photos
- Strategic Placement of Images
- Personalized and Catchy Header Text
- Easy to Find Contact Forms
- Helpful Drop Down Menus for Quick Navigation
- RSS Feeds to Blog(s)
- Social Media Icon Menus
- Live Chat
- Navigation Scroller Showcasing Case Results
- Client Testimonial Quotes and/or Videos
While this list isn’t the end and isn’t all you should rely on, it’s a good start for brainstorming and can serve as a valuable guide for getting the ball rolling on redesigning your website.
Making Your Dream Website a Reality
At SLS Consulting, we provide lawyers with custom legal website design that is practical for navigation, appealing to the eye, and reflective of a law firm’s brand. We are proud of the work we do for our clients and don’t resort to cookie-cutter websites. All site design is customized and specific to a law firm’s practice areas and unique qualities of service. Get in touch with our Internet marketing team today for a free growth assessment by calling (323) 254-1510 or filling out a contact form.