We’ve got Facebook; we’ve got Twitter; we’ve got LinkedIn; we’ve got Google +; and we’ve got Pinterest. New social networks are popping up all over the Internet, but what is a law firm supposed to do with them all? A strong online presence is necessary for a law firm to succeed these days, and a social media presence is part of that success, but should your law firm be trying to engage and interact on all of them?
In short, no. It’s important to try and keep up with new social media trends, but you have to choose your battles. Having a strong social media presence on a few social networks can be more beneficial to your law firm’s marketing campaign than having a mediocre presence on every social network under the sun. Spreading your social media marketing campaign too thin can be detrimental to building a strong online presence.
To drive leads to your law firm, it is best to focus your efforts on the social networks that matter most for you and your customer-base. To help you figure out which social networks these are, HubSpot has come up with eight questions:
- Who are the social network’s current users?
- Who will continue to use the social network over time?
- Are these social media users potential customers/clients or can they influence potential customers/clients?
- What forms of content are these users interested in and likely to share?
- How is content exposed to others within the social network?
- Can you develop new forms of content for your business to take advantage of a new popular social network?
- How much time and resources will you have to commit to participate in the network?
- Can you predict a promising ROI?
If you find that a particular social network’s demographic does not match your target audience; does not provide convenient methods for sharing content to new users; or will take too much time and effort for minimal returns, then it is not worth the investment.
The Internet is changing all the time and keeping up with all of these changes can be overwhelming. This is where the experience of an Internet marketing company can come in handy. At SLS Consulting, a legal Internet marketing company, we have spent over a decade helping attorneys build a strong online presence through custom web design, search engine optimization (SEO), and social networking. We are dedicated to helping each client achieve the best possible results with their legal online marketing campaign. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help grow your law firm online, call us today at (323) 254-1510 for a free growth assessment.