In our last blog post, we addressed recent discussion on some blogs like BlogWorld.com and Soshable.com about how most bloggers rely on Facebook to promote their blog. Believe it or not, this applies to attorneys, too. Sharing a legal blog post on your law firm Facebook page isn’t a bad thing. However, the opportunity to draw in new visitors to your blawg grows the more you effectively utilize different online platforms and means for distribution.
BlogWorld suggests a few of these tips to attract new readers to your blog and we’ve added additional information to fit the Legal Internet marketing approach:
- Consider having guest blog posts from other attorneys in your field
- Read other legal blogs and leave comments when relevant and when there is genuine interest
- Write blogs that are interviews of members of the firm
- Submit articles to directories about pertinent legal issues in your state and/or city
- Think about linking to old blog posts within new posts
- Include a link to your blawg in your email signature
- Pay attention to whether a press release could be written that is relevant to a particular blog post
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from running a Legal Internet marketing company for over 10 years and working with lawyers for even longer, it’s that so much is happening in an attorney’s world and in the legal world in general. Everyone – every single person’s life is influenced by the law. Needless to say, there are endless possibilities for a law firm to help people in need just like there are endless ways to promote your blawg.
Want to grow your law firm online? Contact SLS Consulting today for a free growth assessment. Call 323-254-1510.
Sources: http://www.blogworld.com/2011/04/27/could-your-blog-survive-without-facebook-and-twitter/; http://soshable.com/a-world-without-facebook-infographic/