The importance and relevance of legal Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for attracting qualified clients and helping a law firm become more successful is very well known, but it’s not enough to simply know that it is effective. In order for legal professionals to really understand how legal SEO helps them, they need to know why it works and why it provides a significantly better return on investment than traditional legal marketing methods. So we’ve compiled a list of some of the things that every lawyer should know about legal SEO:
- Legal SEO lets you compete with the big firms – Legal Search Engine Optimization levels the playing field for your firm and allows it to compete successfully with larger law firms with huge marketing budgets. Smaller, savvier, more nimble firms can use legal SEO strategies to thrive in a hyper-competitive field.
- It is the most cost-effective form of marketing – Traditional forms of marketing are expensive and may or may not achieve the desired results. Once the proper foundation has been established for your site’s success, your legal SEO keeps working for your firm 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- It helps your site attract local clients – Web users are becoming more sophisticated at finding local goods and services on the Internet. Modifying legal SEO keywords and phrases with the names of local cities makes it easier for potential clients to find your site!
- Legal SEO provides quantifiable results – Your legal Internet marketing consultant will be able to provide tangible evidence of the effectiveness of legal SEO strategies with traffic reports and other Web tools. They can be used to track progress over time, identify traffic trends, indicate how long a user views the content of your site, show which pages they viewed and provide a map of how they arrived at your site and how they navigated through your site.
- It highlights the strengths of your law firm – Whether your law firm is focused on personal injury cases, criminal defense or another facet of the law, legal SEO highlights the strengths and focus of your law firm. What is more, it can also be used to differentiate your law firm from all the others in the area and help you stand out from the competition.
Legal Search Engine Optimization strategies do not achieve results overnight but they, along with other legal Internet marketing methods, gradually improve the volume of qualified traffic to your site. Legal SEO also provides the foundation for the success of other legal Internet marketing strategies and sets you, your site and your law firm up for future success. For more information about how legal SEO can help your site become your law firm’s most powerful marketing tool, contact SLS Consulting today at 323-254-1510.